Sedation Dentistry in Des Plaines & Joliet
Sleep dentistry offers a terrific alternative for patients that find dental treatments unbearable, or want to have multiple treatments completed in the one sitting.
Are you really asleep during this type of dentistry?
No, patients will be in a dream-like state, but conscious and responsive.
Who would benefit from sleep dentistry?
- Patients who find the most benefit from sleep dentistry tend to have:
- Busy schedules
- Reduced thresholds to the sounds, smells and sensations of dentistry
- Sensitive teeth and/or gums
- Anxiety around dentistry
- A strong gag reflex
- Small mouths, and
- A poor response to local anaesthesia
What treatments can be completed with sleep dentistry?
Almost all forms of restorative and cosmetic procedures can be completed using sleep dentistry. We find that patients undertaking this type of dentistry elect to have several treatments done in the one sitting.
What are the benefits of sleep dentistry?
Sleep dentistry offers:
- Safety – it is an established practice that has been done for years
- Comfort – patients will be relaxed and pain-free throughout the procedure
- An amnesiac effect – patients rarely remember the procedure
- Convenience – a range of restorative and cosmetic procedures can be grouped together and done right in our clinic, so there’s no need for a hospital referral
- A smoother recovery – patients are often able to go home 30 minutes after their treatment
- Affordability – this type of treatment is inexpensive
Whether you’re time-poor or just dislike dental procedures, sleep dentistry is the perfect option to help you achieve the smile you have always wanted. For more information, speak to one of our dentists in joliet and des plaines at our My Smiles Dentist. Sedation Dentistry in Des Plaines & Joliet.